Too many shades of grey
It feels like all I have seen the past few days are grey skies. Most of the time with pouring rain coming out of them. And even though it is supposed to be summer until the 21th of September, it sure looks like the seasons are already changing in The Netherlands.
The transition from summer to fall always gets to me. Noticing the blue skies turning into grey ones can make me grumpy instantly. Even worse is getting up when it is still dark and going home from school/work when it is dark again already . I see myself as quite the outdoors type, but as soon as fall kicks in I get stuck on the couch with a blanket.
But just as with everything, once you have accepted the changes you can see the beauty of something. And to be honest, fall also has its advantages. Here are mine:
1. First of all, I actually like the colour grey. Not as the colour of the sky, but as the colour of my clothes. Even though I am always wearing black, in the fall/winter season it is more ‘socially accepted’ to wear darker colours (and easier to buy them..).
2. It is okay to stay on the couch. People don’t expect you to go out and visit every party. Everyone knows it is cold and the weather sucks, so people are more understanding if you just take it easy and stay home.
3. The nature looks so beautiful. I love it when the leaves start to change their colours to yellow/orange red. This really gives autumn it’s own charm. Oh, I also really like pumpkins.
4. Wardrobe wise, autumn is really my season. Not just because of the colours (see first point), but also the materials and pieces you can wear. I am a big fan of all kinds of chunky knits. Besides that, I can never have enough scarves – my mom taught me well – and beautiful long coats. When it comes to materials, fall allows us to wear leather and wool again, YES.
5. The holiday season is getting close. Besides the general holidays like Christmas and Sinterklaas, my birthday is also in fall. More about that soon. Already looking forward to it!
This movie really reflects my current not-ready-for-fall mood. I wanted to shoot at this location for some time, but this was the perfect moment to do it in my opinion. Besides that, this was my first solo video! Underneath some pictures to show you my outfit a little more. Enjoy!
SHOES: VANS X AND OTHER STORIES